Curing Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuthG

Reaction score
I'm curious.
Question:
Has any cured soap for over 7+ years?

Wonders if there is a market for this?

I would think that an unscented 100% olive oil bar would be amazing after that length of time...
If it was a scented bar, I imagine much of the scent may have faded but the bar itself (no matter the formulation) would still be good if it didn't discolor or anything...
I haven't been soaping long enough for me to even keep a bar that long...

Please be sure to introduce yourself to the forum.

I don't know if a market exist out there already , but I think Millie13 touch on one key point out the gate , that being scent . Another would be [natural ] colorants fading with time . Castile soap stands up great , I have one from Syria I got as a gift that is 10yrs old that still looks good to me.
I have soap that I made that is older than 10yrs old with vague scents that are not pronounced anymore and natural colorants faded . But the soaps are so mild and joyous { that I only break one out every couple of years }.

I don't know if there is a market out there but the soaps that have long cures usually have a great texture to the lather. I have some olive oil bars that are 5 years old now but no fragrance anymore and the color has faded. No dos.

I have not used soap that old. My MIL recently ran out of her stockpile of my soap, and a friend mentioned that she ran across a bar in a box. I took a 15ish year break from soapmaking so these were at least that old. Both said the soap was just fine.

Latest posts

Back