Crazy molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a GREAT idea! The pipes can be tricky to get soap out of, I've given up on them, I hated the lining bit
Etelka

Freezing makes life easy.

I have only used them twice.
The first time I oiled them first. When the soap was done after many finger sticking excersizes and much muttering said soap came out.Muc smaller as a lot was left in the mold.
Then I read Top Cats :idea: comment about puting molds in the freezer.
This time with those molds I did that. I just ran them under hot water and I could flex the pipes a little and out popped the soap. That freezing trick is the best.I have been doing it for some time with all my molds since reading that hint.
Don't know if it would work with wood though.
:lol:
With plain soap in them and then bevelling they would make an elegant soap.

Wouldn't they be easy to line with some plastic or freezer paper and just let the sides hang over, and not worry about the ends, that way the soap would just pop out. BTW how on earth did you cut them in half?
Etelka

Lining , yes

Etelka said:
Wouldn't they be easy to line with some plastic or freezer paper and just let the sides hang over, and not worry about the ends, that way the soap would just pop out. BTW how on earth did you cut them in half?
Etelka
You are probably right about easy lining.I was too lazy.
I cut them in half by cheating. While a builder was here I said how about using that reciprocator saw and just slicing these. I cheated.
I had actually given 3 big chests of tools I had collected over the years and used to build things with away to a son.
I for got to add that I put 2 little dobs at each end for feet so they didn't roll.
I did that and all the other solasticing myself. Oh yes dog helped ,dog ate the dog food so I could have the lids.
:lol:

Life just gets easier

Etelka said:
Etelka
Life just gets easier with good friends. :wink:
You clever lady. Thankyou. I did the lining thing and it made life soooh easy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mary - you never cease to amaze me! That is just too clever by half! It would never have occurred to me to cut the pipes in half....

Thanks Lindy

Hi good lady Lindy, I used them again with the paper in whooo hoo.I learn every day.
Now they are shorter than what I said they should be and they only just fitted into my little freezer on diagonal.But I think that 4inch soap by 4 of them plus a little extra for trimming would be a good size to handle.
Thankyou Lindy
Mary :wink:

Latest posts

Back