Hot Process in Pvc mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweeks

Reaction score
Hi, I am having issues with my hot process soap in a pvc round mold. Near the top, the soap shrinks and is not round whrn I pull I t out . Usually the top 3" or 4" only. I line with parchment paper. I am sorry, I do not have a photo. Was wondering if it's the parchment paper or cooling too quickly? I cool at room temperature. The soap turns out nice, but I am having to re batch the top section or use it only for my use. Thanks! Cheryl

Hello, is it physically lower than when you poured it? Or did it expand and the ring around the outside. Is still at the expanded height. Thus giving you the impression of sinking. I routinely have a sliver slice on one end. No big deal. Got a box of them. I use them for testing, samples, travel. Oh, I'll probably try rebatch some day. Good luck

Hello, is it physically lower than when you poured it? Or did it expand and the ring around the outside. Is still at the expanded height. Thus giving you the impression of sinking. I routinely have a sliver slice on one end. No big deal. Got a box of them. I use them for testing, samples, travel. Oh, I'll probably try rebatch some day. Good luck
It is not physically lower than when I poured it. If I were to cut soap bars , it would look like a wavey circle and I would loose about 3 bars to it. Not nice enough to gift.

Hp is always at "plop drop" consistency. When ready to mold. In my opinion. 3 bars worth of cut offs. Would be a bit much. Are you stamping. The mold on the counter to get any air pockets out? How low are you molds?

Latest posts

Back