cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazz65

Reaction score
hi , im just wondering as i enter this new world of soap making,
im not sure if this is normal but after ive used my handmade soap , my hands feel quite dry, is this normal.

It is common (apparently) with soaps which were made with too high a percentage of coconut oil, and other oils I cannot name at the moment. I will let the others come in and say further what is the case.

Welcome to this fun world!! : )

Mine were super dry for about 2 weeks but after that it's a world of difference! I'd never go back to detergents :)

What was your recipe and how long has it cured? That can make a big difference.

It is common (apparently) with soaps which were made with too high a percentage of coconut oil, and other oils I cannot name at the moment. I will let the others come in and say further what is the case.

Welcome to this fun world!! : )

PKO & Babassu. Bot no, not necessarily with a higher superfat.

Can you post your recipe?

One basic recipe I use most of the time with little variation here and there I find I enjoy it best at 6 weeks instead of 4. As for the coconut oil I try to keep it around 20-30% with a super fat around 8 and I don't think they are drying. I hope you can figure this out with a simple fix!

Latest posts

Back