CP in the home

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...but what you really NEED is still just one or two kinds of soap to clean pretty much everything to an acceptable standard..."

Yep, I totally agree with you, CanaDawn! :)

"There's a history dissertation to be written here. Only a few soapy nerds like Dee Anna and I are interested in reading it, tho."

I think there's more of us nerds than you might think! Yes, I admit to being one as I'm fascinated by the history and evolution of soap making. When HoneyLady and DeeAnna get the dissertation written, I'll be in line to grab a copy! :lol:

I adore domestic practice historical information. Cheryl Mendelson wrote a big thick book on housekeeping skills, and another solely on laundry. They're quite popular. There's a whole wonderful series done by the BBC (I think) called "The War-Time Kitchen" which is just simply marvelous. (They show the use of washing soda and sand for washing dishes - hard on the skin! And a soft brown soap if you were posh)

There's an audience for these sorts of topics!!!

Dee Anna, if you can handle the tech aspects, I'm up for the research and writing! :thumbup:

How do you feel about a long-distance relationship? :-D

Yeah, I'm with you. In my free time. Of which there is SO much . . . :roll:

~HoneyLady~

Latest posts

Back