Colorant brightness

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess i need to see a "real" soapers soap to compair.... I might be thinking it should be super super bright like a hi gloss paint :). So maybe my expectaions are all wrong.

There's nothing wrong with those colors at all - and its a great combination you've chosen.

Your expectations may be "wrong"; have you been to fairs or markets and seen handmade soap? Even most commercial soaps can't be described as being like hi gloss paint. (although it's been almost 3 years since I've bought commercial soap!:))

Ok thanks all for the input. Guess I assumed more.

Go take a look in the photo section of the forum. You will see that your colors are just fine and not off at all.

As Steve stated, if you use too much you will run into soaps that may stain your cloths or run when being used.

I made a soap once with too much red and it looked like a scene from the movie Carrie when used in the shower.

Your soaps are gorgeous! However, my first thought was "that's a lot of dishes to wash!" :)

Thank you!

Not really, I use plastic cups (toss em) or small plastic measuring cups that are really easy to wash. I wash dishes after every couple batches. I do make a mess of my kitchen though with all the colorants/FO's/EO'.s etc at I like to have everything planned out ahead of time.

Ok thanks all for the input. Guess I assumed more.

When I first tried micas I was so disappointed that the beautiful colour in the bag came no where near what I ended up with in CP soap. You pick bright pint on the website, mix according to the instructions and it looks beautiful in the pot and great in the mold. But next day it looks like pale pale powder pink!

Nurture has a picture of a sample of their micas in CP and M&P soap on their website which is a great help when buying their mica. If you want bright colours their "bright" and "vibrance" ranges are really bright in CP soap.

Last edited:
Back