Coffee Soap....Less talk, more action

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, It's time for DW to stop so much chatting and actually make a batch of soap. Wife is demanding more coffee soap. I have the "roasted coffee" fo coming from WSP. Any recommendation for what to pair with it? I have some dreaded vanilla eo (but no stabilizer) that I need to use up, so I'm thinking since it's coffee colored soap, I don't have to worry about morphing.

last time i did a coffee soap i paired it with cinnamon powder sprinkled on top. i quite like how it turned out, not a bad seller too :D

I love my vanilla scented coffee soap and since the coffee makes the soap dark anyways, vanilla discoloring wasn't a issue.

Hey, I may have some clove eo stuck away in the old soaping cabinet too. Great idewa/

I was going to suggest something similar - I haven't tried it in soap but recently had a horrible smell I needed to mask (nothing is worse than a collie with an upset stomach, gah). I boiled some coffee, orange peels and whole cloves on my stovetop - it smelled amazing. The collie is better now too!

Orange, chocolate, cinnamon, cloves, peppermint....all those sound yummy with a coffee FO.

I need to make another coffee soap, since all mine are gone *sniffle*..think I will try my orange/lemon peel and maybe some peppermint fo

Is there any reason why you can't go with straight coffee FO plus some VERY finely ground coffee as exfoliant?

Is there any reason why you can't go with straight coffee FO plus some VERY finely ground coffee as exfoliant?

Absolutely no reason other than my paranoia that if I don't anchor it with another oil it will fade. Once it arrives and I sniff it, I may well try that. I know most people like coffee as a kitchen soap, but my wife loves it as a shower soap because of it exfoliant. I may have mentioned this on another thread, but her favorite soap I ever made was a rebatch from a spectacularly failed "Dalmatian" soap that resulted from failing to follow the "lye in water" rule. It ended up with lye pockets throughout, so I doubled down by turning it into a hot process coffee soap and stuffed it into a 3" pvc just hoping not to have to throw the whole thing out. She treats them like gold and is down to her last 2 bars.

Just closed the mold on what I think will be the Most awesome coffee soap. Dark espresso (soaked all day) scented with WSP Roasted Cofee FO plus sweetened vanilla FO. Split into two batches and poured down the sides of the mold. Will know in a day or two. image.jpg

That looks really nice. I recently made a coffee salt bar scented with coffee FO and dark chocolate FO.

Cut cut cut cut

After church tonight. (Sorry Gent, that will be middle of the night for you). I put a couple of thin layers of bronze mica inside as well as on the top. First time to use it, so I'm interested to see both how it looks in the cut bars as well as how it behaves when it's actually used as soap. Probably a waste in a dark soap, but we'll see. I hope all you guys have, or are having a great day.

Latest posts

Back