cling wrap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never tried this, but I would imagine that it would be hard to properly line the mold with it, and even so, it would still have crinkles that would show up as a 'design' on the outside of the soap. I have always used waxed paper. I think cling wrap would be more trouble than it's worth (but great for the top of the soap to help prevent ash).

I think it would be an exercise in frustration and gnashing of teeth. I also don't know what the heat would do to it.

Freezer paper is definitely the way to go.

trying to get texture using corrugated cardboard so freezer paper would not work....
maybe plastic from a shopping bag?

Cling wrap is doable, just extremely frustrating with the wrinkles and the tiniest rip causing leaking and how it likes to cling to itself. Cling wrap is what I used when I first started soaping but the frustration factor had me moving on fairly quickly! I have heard of using the press-n-seal stuff but have never tried it. Maybe a wavy cutter would get you the same look as corrugated cardboard with less fuss?

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

I've used cling wrap to seal the end of a Pringles container, and it works fine for that. But I can't imagine that it would be easy to line a mold with it ...,,, paper is frustrating enough for me!!

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I saw a video on youtube from a guy who runs a wholesale soaping company, he was talking about how he started out just using cardboard boxes and those really thin cheapy garbage bags to line them. They're about the same thickness as the plastic grocery bags. I imagine you'll still have crinkles in the corners unless you do some time consuming folding and taping though.

trying to get texture using corrugated cardboard so freezer paper would not work....

I use Press-n Seal wrap by Glad. But I use a foam board cut to line the mold then I can put the Press-n Seal on it flat, then kind of fold it to slide into the mold. Maybe that would cling to your cardboard. Dont know if it would pull of cardboard without pulling some of it with the wrap.

You can buy corrugated plastic sheeting from art stores and Home Depot (people use it to make signs like the kind they put up in yards around election time) You can line wood molds with it.

Back