Christmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG Relle you are killing me. Well, really it's that blasted linear time!

snappyllama, I beg to differ, it is absolutely time to panic! Despite the big friendly letters on the cover

Of course you don't surf, Hazel, your name ain't Charlie

I panicked last week.... and made 2 big special batches. I have one batch planned for tomorrow. this soap making for Christmas is stressful!

Christmas will be over sooner than you think and then I'll remind you for next year. That will give you plenty of time. hehehehe

You guys crack me up. I too think in the SMF style now. There is about seven weeks left. If I make some CP batches now they'll be dry for gifts (and my testers) around the end of next month. Hmmm, while I'm driving for the holidays, I can pick up plant material to make some essential oils too. Maybe have some HP batches done around the new year. Then hmmm valentine';s time. :crazy:

I so need one!

Hey Jules, I bought a plain tshirt from Michaels and I already had an iron on sheet that you can print on (you can print the image/keep calm quote but make sure you choose the option for printing a MIRROR IMAGE. Also, make sure to choose the right iron on transfer paper-there are 2 kinds, one works for light colored fabrics which are technically only white and /or off white ) and once you print it, give it about an hour to dry and then iron on. And your shirt is ready to go!

I had used the iron on sheet for light colored fabric and thought it can work well on grey color but I was wrong! I saved my shirt with the magic and blessing of fabric painting.

Good luck!!!

Let me know if you need anything else :)

1415533274718.jpg

1415533436104.jpg

1415533466478.jpg

I was looking at screen it and thought that the crown was going to be to hard to cut out on the paper, didn't think of copying it and doing it with an iron on.

I have to agree with you on the crown. The filling in with the white fabric color, I literally used a toothpick to color all the details. That was time consuming! That's the reason, I said about making sure about the type/color of fabric the iron on is made for. :)

Seven, that is going to be adorable!

I know this is the CP forum but I had butt-ends of glycerin MP to use up so I made Christmas ornaments. Stupid gold band did not come out well but I already sold them so...win-win?

10173717_811040542277346_7131186428862698689_n.jpg

I got the quote, Hazel! Hee hee. (Former film critic here)

Sorry if I'm taking this thread OT, but is anyone making Hanukkah soaps? I got a request for CPs so I'd better move if they're going to cure in time. It starts Dec. 16, tick tick... Does anyone have advice on the best blue colorants?

Made Hanukkah soaps for a friend of mine, who's going to make gift baskets. wasn't thrilled with the milky way molds, too much work for too little return lol. But I also found some different sizes of Star of David molds in silicone, each one makes 8 decent sized soaps, and they worked out ok. Also made some regular blue and white swirled bars in my loaf molds. We used indigo powder for the blue on some. It comes out kindof an ocean blue-green. And some liquid soap dye she wanted to try - was for m&p but she wanted to see how it turned out anyhow. It was kindof a muddy purple at first and darkened into a blue - purple. had to use a lot of that though. :)

Latest posts

Back