Chamomille Powder in Milk Bath?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Hi!

I have been making milk baths lately and wanted to add a little chamomille powder to my recipe...just wondering if anyone has ever tried this (its not tea, but powder and would go directly in the water) and liked it or has objections?

Thank for your help!

Milk bath as in real milk? I'd say that if you have something that is holding the microbial growth at bay with milk, then you'll be just fine with chamomile powder. Heat and hold after it's mixed in well. If it's not a viscous product, it'll probably end up at the bottom, but a gentle shake before each use isn't that difficult. :)

I think the OP is talking about a powder that you add a scoop or two to running bath water made with dry powdered milks and other ingredients, not a liquid product. Upon re-reading the post, tho, I am not sure...

Put a little bit of chamomile powder in a cup of warm water and stir it up, if it dissolves you are good to go. Pour the water out of the cup slowly, if the powder residue stays behind in the cup your customers may not be crazy about the mess in the bathtub.

Oh, I think you're right. I think she does mean directly in the water as in when you dispense into the tub, vs in a tea bag.

Back