Castile for the New Year anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Buddies, we're clocking in almost 11 months. Tried mine this morning and it seemed nice, was looking to see if I could detect any of the slime factor that people are always talking about. The lather was a little slick but didn't feel at all how I would describe slime. How bout you guys?

I tried my bastille (w/green clay and 5% castor) about 2 months ago, and was pretty pleasantly surprised. Mild, creamy and not slimy. First impression is that it's a keeper!

A couple of my pure castile with no subs/no additives developed a few dos sometime this summer, but it doesn't seem to be going rampant. It's the only soap I have with this "condition" yet it doesn't freak me out. I guess because I know what's in it and where it came from 8) By the time this puppy is aged a whole year, anyone will be lucky if I share it. I'm curious if they'll mention the spots. Both batches were made on the same day, and stored in the same plastic bin. Both had a good water discount and were hard as a rock after unmolding in 24 hours. They feel so light, like they would float, but I have never attempted that.

Back