Calendula petals in CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombus

Reaction score
I am infusing Sweet Almond Oil with calendula flowers. When I make it into soap, I am wondering if I am going to include petals. I have seen fresh bars with petals included, and they are beautiful. I'm wondering about after the cure.

I have had many "herby" ingredients turn brown. Do these petals keep their yellow color, or will they end up making brown spots in my soap? I would rather not include them if they will turn.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks for the info! I want to add them to a large batch for a market this summer, and don't really have enough time to do a trial run first.

I've put them in and spinkled them on top with no color changes in the past. Go ahead and try it. I love calendula.

I too have had great experience w/ incorporating calendula petals into my cp soap. I make a yellow citrus blend and mix calendula petals into the batter.

Looks great and isn't messy in the shower. In fact friends I've shared this soap w/ wonder where the petals go. No petals on the floor of the tub!

I purchased my calendula a few months back & have noticed that they've browned a bit in the storage container - they were a bold orange/yellow when I first got them and are now a bit faded. I'll be sure to buy them in small quantities from now on so that I can use them at their freshest.

Also look great in a citrus blend salt scrub I've made.

-t

I just posted a pic of my calendula soap. It's posted as Balls and other stuff.
Calendula looks really pretty. :)

Back