suggestions for a Manuka honey face wash?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Talented friends, I did a search here unsuccessfully so am starting a thread. I want to make a liquid face wash with Manuka honey. I also have apple cider vinegar on hand. I have dozens of other ingredients in my soap shop including activated charcoal, jojoba, sweet almond, rice bran, avocado oils. If you have suggestions, hit me up. Appreciate it!

Last edited:
I hate to be a downer, but honey is notoriously hard to preserve in any formula, but especially those that contain water. I'd recommend either:

1. Make a face wash recipe that you like, but without honey mixed into it. When you are ready to use it, put a bit in your palm, and add a bit of honey to it.

2. Make a dry face mask with charcoal, turmeric, bentonite clay - whatever ingredients suit your purpose. When ready to use it, mix a Tbsp of the dry mix with a Tbsp of the honey. Spread on face, let it sit for 5 -10 minutes, then rinse off.

That's obviously not as convenient as something with the honey mixed in.

I hate to be a downer, but honey is notoriously hard to preserve in any formula, but especially those that contain water. I'd recommend either:

1. Make a face wash recipe that you like, but without honey mixed into it. When you are ready to use it, put a bit in your palm, and add a bit of honey to it.

2. Make a dry face mask with charcoal, turmeric, bentonite clay - whatever ingredients suit your purpose. When ready to use it, mix a Tbsp of the dry mix with a Tbsp of the honey. Spread on face, let it sit for 5 -10 minutes, then rinse off.

That's obviously not as convenient as something with the honey mixed in.
Thanks for the advice. Masks are not my thang but Mrs. Zing likes 'em. So I'll probably go with your #1. Thanks for getting back to me.

Thanks for the advice. Masks are not my thang but Mrs. Zing likes 'em. So I'll probably go with your #1. Thanks for getting back to me.

Is this something you intend to sell?

I make a mask for myself using clays, raw honey, essential oils, a few other things. I blend the snot out of it so it's good & smooth. TIP: sift your clays with a strainer, which makes life easier. This isn't something you can stickblend the beejeezus out of.

• There is no water in it.
• I use no preservatives in it.
• It sits on the shelf with no issue.
• No, I have not gotten it challenge tested because I am not planning on selling it until next year perhaps. I am still tweaking it after getting feedback from friends.

I discovered that this mask can also be used as a face wash.

It can be spread across a damp face with dry fingers, then with wet fingers massage the goop into the skin & rinse off OR remove with wet, warm facecloth & then rinse off with a splash of water.

It leaves the skin nicely moisturized.

Might be worth playing with :)

Latest posts

Back