Botched batches.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(This thread really needs to get stickied...hint hint)

And now, for your viewing delight, may I present.....

Liquid Goat Milk Soap!
(well, that's what it was supposed to be, anyway)

The tall bottle is NOT muddy water. It is diluted GM & olive oil soap.
(no, really, that's what's in there)
The short Mason jar contains some of the paste, so I can try
again. and again. and even again.
I guess the coloring got pretty faded when I uploaded this, but
the paste is a gorgeous dark rich brown gel.

LiquidGoatMilk take1.jpg

That one looks pretty messy, newbie. I have not had a separation problem yet, I tend to end up with thicker trace then I want though.

wow, it looks all foamy! I havent had this happen before :Kitten Love: thanks for sharing!

Dreaded Partial Gel.

Ok. So here is the soap I cut with my crappy cutter tonight. It's a soap made with hemp seed oil, shea butter and vitamin E. I scented it with nag champa, orange EO and Patchouli. this is the first partial gel I have gotten while using PVC pipe. I had a heat pad wrapped around it for a while last night to ensure full gel. Well, when I was watchng tv, i heard a hissing noise from my soap studio... it must have over heated because the top was all blown out like a hemeroid! lol, i would have never guessed it didnt fully gel after that. Back to ungelled soaps for me. Gelling is just too unpredictable (in PVC).

I see the beautiful creaminess of the ungelled portion and wish the whole thing looked that way. Gonna make another batch of this and stick it in the freezer next time. Was gonna name this one "Happy Hippie" but now it's just sad. :lolno:

I need a tub of ice cream.

P4050008.jpg

P4050009.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Interesting stories everyone. I forgot this thread, but I can say they are all equally fun fails, if fails can be fun.

Here's a new one two. My tiger stripe attempt for the soap challenge. It should have been three colors, and it looks like two. And thedarker colors dragged into the yellow so it looks really dirty. It was also wet. Um, still is. The thai bamboo on the right, was decent, but wet. They are ready for rebatching, if I get to it.

thaibamboo.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. Interesting stories everyone. I forgot this thread, but I can say they are all equally fun fails, if fails can be fun.

Here's a new one two. My tiger stripe attempt for the soap challenge. It should have been three colors, and it looks like two. And thedarker colors dragged into the yellow so it looks really dirty. It was also wet. Um, still is. The thai bamboo on the right, was decent, but wet. They are ready for rebatching, if I get to it.
LOL, you forgot to post the pic, just like I did earlier!! *waiting*..... :-D

The tiger stripe looks good! I like the thicker lines, mine are always so thin. Hey, next time you cut into a tiger stripe, turn it on it's side so the top colors wont drag into the next colors. I also use this tip whenever I have things on top of my soaps like oatmeal because then you wont get the stray pieces that drag through your soap scratching it all the way through as you cut it. This as works for "pencil lines" too leaving them crisp and clean :mrgreen:

The tiger stripe looks good! I like the thicker lines, mine are always so thin. Hey, next time you cut into a tiger stripe, turn it on it's side so the top colors wont drag into the next colors. I also use this tip whenever I have things on top of my soaps like oatmeal because then you wont get the stray pieces that drag through your soap scratching it all the way through as you cut it. This as works for "pencil lines" too leaving them crisp and clean :mrgreen:

Great tip!

Latest posts

Back