Botched batches.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
Botched batches..... *NEW PICS*

Ok everyone... AlchemyandAshes asked for it! here are two of my botched batches of soap. The first one is Spellbound woods. I had this vision of beautiful girly colors of blue, purple and pink all swirled together. Um, no. what I got was soap that traced so quick and heavy that I was scooping the soap inot the molds and despite tapping the mold, I got lovely air bubbles too :oops:. Adding to the terrible look of this bar is all the ugly bumps due to not premixing/melting my palm oil. Lesson learned. This was also made before i knew to mix my TD with water so i have white specks and the other pigments are specked too (they were water soluable and I mixed them in oil). To top it all off, I got a nice partial gel lol. *face palm* these bars are still sitting in a paper bag. they smell nice. Oh and one more thing, I didnt know that the FO turned soap brown so the edges are tinted with brown and so is the bottom and a few other ramdom areas. I put glitter on top and i hate that too.

The second one is an oatmeal mik and honey soap. It turned out good except for the fugly partial gel, the scrape marks from the oatmeal and all the ASH!!! .... thanks for oogleing. See, I make some ugly soaps too!!! :mrgreen:

P2260011.jpg

P2260012.jpg

P2260013.jpg

Last edited:
YES!
This is what I needed to see to make sure you're not some fancy schmancy soaping robot.
I appreciate your imperfect soaps and thank you for acquiescing to my demands of "failure pictures".
I can now offer you my soapy friendship without reservation.
:lol:

She could still be a soaping robot. She might have had to had repair work done at the time she made these :lol:

She could still be a soaping robot. She might have had to had repair work done at the time she made these :lol:

Ooooh, good point! :shock:
**** it, I'm feeling paranoid now since offering my soapy friendship to a possible robot...I may need to see more failure pics from all of you...you know, to make sure you're REAL soapers...

YES!
This is what I needed to see to make sure you're not some fancy schmancy soaping robot.
I appreciate your imperfect soaps and thank you for acquiescing to my demands of "failure pictures".
I can now offer you my soapy friendship without reservation.
:lol:
LOL! friendship accepted *huggs* :grin:

Ooooh, good point! :shock:
**** it, I'm feeling paranoid now since offering my soapy friendship to a possible robot...I may need to see more failure pics from all of you...you know, to make sure you're REAL soapers...
lololol! Yes! we need more botched failure soap pics. Hmmm, maybe a new thread? :shifty:

Actually, because of this forum and all of you, through trial and error and practice... my soaps have gotten so much better than my soapcapades in the past. I have all of you to thank whenever I have a soap success!!! :clap:

All soaps are beautiful in the eyes of God. :lol:

I get my last oils in tomorrow and then I make my first CPs! I have this vision of cutting them and they will be magnificent and everyone on the forum will be in awe of me! But if not so much, is it OK if I post them in here instead?

Actually, I would totally use that top soap.

All soaps are beautiful in the eyes of God. :lol:

I get my last oils in tomorrow and then I make my first CPs! I have this vision of cutting them and they will be magnificent and everyone on the forum will be in awe of me! But if not so much, is it OK if I post them in here instead?

Actually, I would totally use that top soap.
YES!!! Post them here! People can post their most ugliest soap disasters in one convienent thread. How fun would that be lol! i may have a few more up my sleeve...lurking around in my picture folder somewhere on my pc :think:
oh and i cant wait to see you first batch!

Last edited:
I wish I had seen this before I threw out the Peaches and Cream mess I made on Sunday. I didn't even want to try to rebatch it. The way I figure it, we are all going to have batches that flop. I have fewer flops now than I did when I started. It stinks when it does happen, but I am much more sanguine about it than I used to be.

I wish I had seen this before I threw out the Peaches and Cream mess I made on Sunday. I didn't even want to try to rebatch it. The way I figure it, we are all going to have batches that flop. I have fewer flops now than I did when I started. It stinks when it does happen, but I am much more sanguine about it than I used to be.
I wish you had taken a picture! I love seeing soap that is well...lets say asthetically challenged because I can relate. When we see a batch gone bad, we relate and remember how we felt when it happened to us too. So we all feel your pain. I hope to see some posts on this thread. Im digging through my archive of pictures right now lol. Doesnt have to be what seems "ugly" just plain weird is welcome too!

"eye" see you soap....

So here is a strange one. I just cut one of my Cashmere Silk soaps in half so I can finally try it and this is what I got! Two frogs stareing eachother down! Can you see the eyes/faces or am I just desperate to post pics on this thread? lol

P2260001.jpg

I used a FO in this batch that accelerated. Plus I let the goats milk get too hot and there are specks of it all through the whole batch. U~G~L~Y!!!

IMAG3227.jpg

Back