Black Raspberry & Vanilla

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this soap purdy durn near killed me. I waited THREE days to take it out of the mold. The top was hard as a rock, yet the bottom stuck to the silicone mold something awful. I don't know what happened. It took probably 15 min of coaxing to get the soap out. I wasn't going to wait any longer.

Most of the bars will be ok, I think. I mean, as good as weird, demonic, smiley face soap can be...

Great looking soap!

Those freestanding silicone molds need a little "seasoning" before they release smoothly. Like a few batches. The alternative is to put your mold in the freezer for a little while before unmolding.

Great looking soap!

Those freestanding silicone molds need a little "seasoning" before they release smoothly. Like a few batches. The alternative is to put your mold in the freezer for a little while before unmolding.

I've been using this mold for close to a year now. It has seemed like the last few batches have been sticking. I'm soaking it really good right now with some vinegar in case there is some sort of residue on them. Even freezing didn't help. I tried that day 2. :roll:

Those are so colorful and pretty. Great idea to add poppy seeds in the pink.

I am hooked on rubbing mineral oil on the inside of my silicone molds before pouring. No more sticking!

Latest posts

Back