banner exchange programs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use banner exchanges ..... reason is some sites may not be inline with what your site is and you could possibly get banned from google if for some reason one of them is banned. Not worth the risk.

It is better to get good quality links from others that are inline with what your doing and share links back and forth. This is some things that bots look for when indexing your site. Back linking can help build page rank in searches... but if a link is a bad one it can hurt you.

Val

What I mean by a bad link is one that may be on the shady side of the tracks. You really should know what your linking to. You wouldn't want to link to a site that sells programs to hack sites etc.

Banner exchanges don't check the content of sites that are listing that I am aware of..... you just join and post your banner basically and anyone can use them to link back to your site. Even if they do check them..... do they go back and recheck them after they have been first checked?

Just some things to think about.

Val

Back