SoapCalc question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nd32479

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve watched a few videos on SoapCalc for recipe development. Seems fairly straightforward. However, it
once a recipe is made, it does not appear you can input the size of the batch needed to recompute the quantity for each ingredient. Am I missing something?

If the recipe in SoapCalc produces a 65oz batch, and I want it for a 44oz mold I assume I can adjust all ingredients by 67.7% and everything will turn out. Correct? (Some chemical formulas can simply be adjusted by %, but I assume these ingredients for soap can).

If I’m correct, why would SoapCalc not add this feature? I am appreciative of their good work on the calculator as is. But it seems such an obvious value-add and a fairly easy add relative to the rest of the programming in the online calculator. Does anyone know of a sight that does have this feature?

Thanks

Last edited:
it does not appear you can input the size of the batch needed to recompute the quantity for each ingredient. Am I missing something?
It's pretty easy to do... once you know how. 😁

Enter the amounts for the 65 oz. batch and tick "Calculate". The amounts needed show up as either grams or ounces. Your choice.
Just to the left of the grams/ounces is "%". Tick that button.
Then go back to "#2" and enter the size batch you want to make, i.e., 44 oz. Tick "Calculate" and there you have your resized batch.

1700354944465.png

I want it for a 44oz mold
OK. So, for a 44 oz. mold, you need to do a little reverse engineering. To make 44 oz. of soap to fill that mold you need to figure the amount of oils you need to make that size batch. Here's the formula that will give you that information:

44 oz. soap divided by a factor of 1.37 = 32 oz. oils (approx.)

Soap Calc Directions

Learn to Use SoapCalc

Understanding Values in SoapCalc

How to Save Recipes on SoapCalc

HTH :computerbath:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back