Anyone interested in a Northern VA Soapmakers Group?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten any interest in a meeting this week for N VA Soapmakers from anyone other than Tawane, so I am cancelling out the meet and greet this week for lack of interest. :(

I've only made one batch of soap, and it sure is uuuugglllyyy, but I would like to go in with someone to help split costs for oils and such.

I'm in Fredericksburg.

I order all my oils from Soaper's Choice, lye from Lye Depot and EO's from Brambleberry, Majestic Mountain Sage and Camden Grey. If you want a good deal on fragrance oils go to southernsoapers.com. They have half off and since they are in Hampton VA area, the shipping is reasonable.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have been working crazy hours lately. I will make myself available next month or whenever the next meeting is scheduled.

We'll try to do something next month. I am going to try to meet up with Tawane tomorrow.

ctay122 said:
Ikindred,

Have you ever sent pictures of your soap to Saponifier magazine? I remember seeing someone from Woodbridge in there. Was that you? I do love that magazine!

Oh my goodness, that was me, I remember submitting those, but I didn't know they ever actually went in (I went and looked after I saw your post). How neat, thanks!

No, couldn't get anyone together because of work or other comittments so I gave up.

That is a bummer!

I am trying to get a class together to teach soap makers about essential oils.
I teach people about the oils, how they work, and how to use them topically, internally and aromatically for better health. I also cover how to select oils that are pure for the best therapeutic properties, and to avoid any with chemical fillers or pesticide residues. It's a fun class and everyone gets to smell and try on the oils.

Do you know anyone that might be interested in attending a class?
-Mandi

Mandi Felici said:
That is a bummer!

I am trying to get a class together to teach soap makers about essential oils.
I teach people about the oils, how they work, and how to use them topically, internally and aromatically for better health. I also cover how to select oils that are pure for the best therapeutic properties, and to avoid any with chemical fillers or pesticide residues. It's a fun class and everyone gets to smell and try on the oils.

Do you know anyone that might be interested in attending a class?
-Mandi
You might contact the owner of Potomac Soap Company, Diana Walker, in Occoquan. I don't know if she also offers classes there but she might be interested in hosting you.

Thanks for the tip. It's a free, 2 hour class, so it's easy to do in someone's home. I will contact her- thanks!
Are you interested in attending a class here in the area?

Northern Virginia Soapers

I saw back in 2011 someone posted to try to get a few soapers in northern Virginia together to meet. Anyone know if they're still meeting? I'm interested in meeting other soapers in the area and I'm in south Woodbridge, VA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back