2nd and 3rd batch! First non-gel!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funastrum

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have completed my 2nd and 3rd batches (my first was just a few days before). The 2nd batch was pineapple cilantro, which I did not allow to gel. I did a mica swirl on the top with gold mica. The 3rd batch is butter cream and snickerdoodle, gelled. I've been having a blast! Next batch I will step it up a level on technique, which I will do tonight :-D A batch a day is my goal!

nyi41v.jpg

2z6f43q.jpg

ixtl4x.jpg

they both are very pretty! Don't you just love gold mica on top. Makes the soap look so elegant.

Very well done! Carried the screen around the house showing it to everyone saying, "Look that's just a second and third batch!" Daren't take it into my soap room :oops:

Hope you're going to post pics each day too:)

Very well done! Carried the screen around the house showing it to everyone saying, "Look that's just a second and third batch!" Daren't take it into my soap room :oops:

Hope you're going to post pics each day too:)

Thank you! That means a lot to me!
I think it comes all too natural for me because I am really good at cooking, I guess I think about soap almost like food, so I take my confidence in cooking and put it into soap making :p
I kind of went all out on the batch I just made, I am so excited to cut this one, but since I have it in the fridge it probably won't be ready until Sunday to cut... Hopefully the purple micas I used will stay true to color, I made sure to avoid the ingredient no-no's of morphing micas... But we will see!

Back