hp pt volcano

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it extremely interesting that pine tar is listed after pine fragrance and orange EO in the Squatch bar. IMO, pine tar is used in small amounts in this bar. Last time I looked, pine tar is a minor ingredient in Grandpa's pine tar soap as well -- I estimated below 5% of the total.

View attachment 75506
Good point. Interesting that it's that low in Grandpa's pine tar soap as well.

Not sure where that screenshot was taken from.

My bar are very hard so I started using dual lye to try and soften it just a bit.

Doesn't your HP gel all the time?
the screenshot was taken from here- perhaps if Dr Squatch does in fact contain pt i should delete that comment?
https://incidecoder.com/products/dr-squatch-pine-tar-bar-soap
it doesn't always gel except when i nail it, & there's been times when my batches weren't as good as i'd like but i didn't really know exactly what it was

i've been using dual lye for my hps and now i have to use 9 more grams of the potash or wait a week for more NaOH. It's not ideal but i'm going to let it ride bc even if i omitted it completely it'd be less than 1% extra sf n my 46% sat fats recipe can handle little more softness prob too.

i just noticed soapee is telling me my sat : unsat fat ratio is 46:54, but when i add up all the unsat fats in my pot it's only 32% of the recipe.
Seems like it should be more like 68 : 32 unsat:sat ratio...

I way messed up a recipe bc i'm a beginner to using grams and am about to be forced to make a pour that'll bankrupt me after last costly mistake if i screw it up. Not like literally bankrupt me but i won't be able to make it rain soap for Xmas like i want.

Good point. Interesting that it's that low in Grandpa's pine tar soap as well
also interesting he's using shea to save $ and glycerin as an accelerant bc good alcohol would require the additional tax

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back