CP soap creation help (different coloured top)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsupthepoley

Reaction score
Looking for a bit help.

Got me some dark beer from a friend who has a....brewery!!

Boiled it down to half volume and added coffee grinds. Going to use this liquid for the lye (frozen).

I'm wondering how I could get a lighter coloured top to make it look like crema on an espresso?

man soap here we come. Thanks in advance.

Split the batch, add some titanium dioxide to the part you want on top. SB the base to a med trace and pour it, then pour the lightened portion over the back of a spoon so it does not break through the bottom layer.

I would use as little plain water as possible to safely dissolve the lye, mix that with the oils to emulsion, split the batch and add the syrup to one half and plain water to the top half (or split the batter 3/4 and 1/4 and divide the liquids appropriately).

Very nice idea! Will the coffee grinds be fresh or boiled?

I will also make such colours in my next batches inspired by auntie Clara, along with the salt tip at trace for the alcohol effect.

www.auntieclaras.com/2014/04/silver-dapple-bespoke-soap/

Nikos

It's bak to the drawing board! It siezed!!! I'm waiting for a 'help' answer in another thread. Maybe need to do half water half beer as suggested!!!

It's bak to the drawing board! It siezed!!! I'm waiting for a 'help' answer in another thread. Maybe need to do half water half beer as suggested!!!
Yep, I would have mentioned that it would probably seize. Your safest method would have been, if you want a lighter layer and do not have td available, is figure out how much batter you need to fill the mold to the height you want for the brown part. You did not mention using fo so all the batter would be the same color without td added, or if you are using a darkening fo you could go with the split batter method and only add in the fo to the portion you want darker. I would mix the lye for the first layer with 60% water then use the balance of liquid as your beer syrup added after mixing to emulision. Emulision should happen fairly quick, add in your beer syrup and be ready to pour. Now make your second layer of soap using either milk or water as you would any batch of soap and pour over the first layer. This will give two distinctive layers. If you do not want that you will need to seperate and use td to lighter. Most beers will create a dark soap

that is what I do on almost all liquids. 50/50 lye water and then the balance in what ever liquid i am adding other than water.

Thanks folks. I'd be happy to make a smaller batch of a different soap for a top layer. Just wondering how long in between each soap I'd have so that they both join together. In my head I keep thinking they would seperate when cut!

I'll try the 50/50 and add at trace. That should give me more time to bring to an emulsion. It just doesn't seem like a lot of beer in the mix though at 50/50 but that seems the way it has to be.

Cheers.

Thats why you simmer your bottle of beer down to a ounce or two of thick liquid, that way you can still get a full bottle of beer in your soap. I've concentrated 22 oz of beer to a small enough amount I got it all into a 2lb batch.

If you want to make 2 separate batches, get everything ready to go so as soon as you pour the first batch, you can immediately start mixing the second batch. If you pour the first batch at thin trace, it should be perfect to pour the second layer on.

Back