Messy Mica Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Hi!

I tried my hand for the first time at doing a pencil line in cold process soap with mica, as well as a mica swirl on the top of the soap. Now that the soap is cut, when I touch it my hands look like they have eye-shadow on them. Does this always happen? Will it go away? Or do I need to give it the proper burial?

Thanks for the help!

I did this by using pigments mixed in a little oil to do a pretty pattern on the top......looked pretty...... Stained my skin in the shower! Lol I'm just gonna chop the tops off and give it away! Karma FO in it and it smells divine and the scent really lingers on you :)

I don't notice too much of a mess with pencil lines but I won't make mica swirls on tops anymore. I can't even touch my soaps with out making a glittery, streaky mess.

Do you think if I rebatched it the mica would blend with the soap or would it still end up staining?

It would probably blend in but most likely will end up looking streaky which can be quite pretty.

Latest posts

Back