I can't flippin' believe it

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I was feeling lazy with my last batch and decided to do an au natural pour -- no mica, no fragrance, nuthin'. This morning, it was the last batch I cut and certainly was the one I was least excited about.... and it came out GORGEOUS. Like lovely waxy white slices of clouds that positively glow.

I've never seen my own soap in all its nekkedidity

I faffed and fawned over this soap all morning — carefully wiping away mica smudges from handling other soaps, stopping to admire it every time I passed by, picking it up and smelling it curiously -- it smells so nice and familiar and warm and cozy, and SIMPLE.

I am in love and can't believe all this time laboring, sweating, and fretting over FOs and colors and swirls and effects... What a treat to see pure clean soap!

I can't believe it took me this long.

nekkedidity.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, thank you!

@Zany_in_CO I was hoping someone would appreciate a little MASH throwback! Forgot to add.... IRL my professional-life nickname is Radar :) I won't tell you what the personal life one is ;)

And.... not lard... CO + OO + shea.

I was extremely pleased with the bright creamy whiteness and now see that all that dingy yellowing is due to FOs. It feels like doing the tissue paper test for tooth whiteness!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back