Dollar tree sea salt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Anyone who lives by a dollar tree and uses sea salt, you might want to check your local store. I found 26oz San Fransico bay sea salt at mine, should have bought the whole shelf full. Its a nice fine grain white salt.

Anyone who lives by a dollar tree and uses sea salt, you might want to check your local store. I found 26oz San Fransico bay sea salt at mine, should have bought the whole shelf full. Its a nice fine grain white salt.

There is a salt... farm (?) at the south end of the bay If you ever fly into SFO from a southern approach you can see the ponds they pump the water into for varying salinity. I'm not sure if its the time of year or the point in their process process but at times the colors of the ponds are radically different and really cool looking. I assume it's the different algeas and or their tolerance to the varying salt levels. It's really cool to see.

and here are some pics. One of the photos was labeled Morton Salt

SFbaysalts.jpg

SFbaysalts1.jpg

SFbaysalts2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh how cool is that? :thumbup:

I'll have to make a trip to my Dollar Tree tomorrow as well..I keep forgetting its there lol

I've been using this same salt for nearly a year for my salt bars and much longer than that for everyday cooking. This reminds me that I need to buy some more since I'm down to my last canister!

I'll probably start using it for cooking too. I'm using real salt right now and its over $6 a pound. Made my first salt bars with my new salt a bit ago, can't wait to cut them.

Love the pictures, I used to drive by that salt mine everyday, it is a strange site because you are on the approach to a bridge and surrounded by water. If you don't need the container Whole Foods (of all places) has fine ground white sea salt for .47 cents a pound.

Good to know, i don't have any wholefoods close to me unfortunately. I heard there is supposed to be one going in about an hour away.

Back