Coloring liquid soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried it with LS, but I know that olive oil infused with anatto seeds colors CP soap a lovely yellow color, so I'd bet it would work on LS.

What about ls made with the glycerin method ? Those tend to come out an honey amber color. What about coloring those since they're already kinda golden?

Just remember that all your colors will mix with that yellow. So, if you add red from annato or paprika infused oil to make the soap, you get orange once it mixes with the base amber.

I used some MP blue and got an odd, but pretty, sort of purpleish color as MP colorants are not meant to be used with high pH soaps.

Just make small batches of soap, trying different colorants, that is part of the fun of making soap. :D

Yes it does. Coconut Oil soap is the only one closest to being colorless, even though it's really a slightly pale yellow.

Lady of 4, I ended up starting a new thread about this all its own ; & I've gotten coconut oil from others as well. I cane to the thought then that using mct oil would be my best bet. & it has a sap value. Now to the lab ! Muahahahahaaaaaa. Thanks for the reassurance ! :)

Lady of 4, I ended up starting a new thread about this all its own ; & I've gotten coconut oil from others as well. I cane to the thought then that using mct oil would be my best bet. & it has a sap value. Now to the lab ! Muahahahahaaaaaa. Thanks for the reassurance ! :)

Oh yes, I remember that as well now. I provided the link for a website that sells MCTs. Have fun with that! I love experimenting with new concepts as well.

Back