Liquid Soap - Beginner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llewsgal

Reaction score
I’m just starting out in making liquid soap. Would like to know what size jars are best (lidded) to keep my solid base for the liquid soap?
Prior to melting it down with the water/glycerin.

I typically just store it in Ziploc bags. You can cut them open and really scrape out the contents. I also ship my paste to far away family, so the decreased cost of shipping a bag vs a glass jar is a plus.

It doesn't matter really -- whatever's handy and the right size for the amount of paste that needs to be stored.

Like Susie, I'll store soap paste in zipper-top bags. Or I'll reuse clean polypropylene or polyethylene plastic or glass food containers.

A stainless steel container would be suitable for soap paste. I wouldn't use any metal other than stainless to control the risk of rancidity.

@Susie -- So glad to "see" you again -- I've missed your voice!

It doesn't matter really -- whatever's handy and the right size for the amount of paste that needs to be stored.

Like Susie, I'll store soap paste in zipper-top bags. Or I'll reuse clean polypropylene or polyethylene plastic or glass food containers.

A stainless steel container would be suitable for soap paste. I wouldn't use any metal other than stainless to control the risk of rancidity.

@Susie -- So glad to "see" you again -- I've missed your voice!
It's winter and raining. The garden and other outside projects have given me a break finally. I blatantly stole your lip balm recipe and am waiting for tins to use your lotion bar recipe. Many thanks for those!

Latest posts

Back