First swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshPea

Reaction score
First attempt at using colorants of any kind and swirling. I think it turned out nice! Peaked at it this morning and of course the color has turned a sort of shimmery gray, but I'm still pleased! The color is patina sheen mica.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1397749403.534807.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1397833962.313009.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1397833969.585311.jpg

Well, bit of a letdown. Swirls not nearly as crisp as I wanted. And it's a little soft, could've let it sit in the mold another day. I think I need to invest in some squeeze bottles for better lines!

Well, bit of a letdown. Swirls not nearly as crisp as I wanted. And it's a little soft, could've let it sit in the mold another day. I think I need to invest in some squeeze bottles for better lines!

Psst.. Old coffee creamer containers (of course washed out with hot soapy water) work really well. My soaping buddy and I put different colors in two creamer containers and took turns pouring batter and got a pretty decent swirl out of it. Just don't soap too hot or you'll warp the containers and they may get a little hot in your hand. Ask me how I know ;)

Looks better than my first swirl (I just made my second swirl an hour ago, actually). I had the opposite experience... was going for wispy brown swirls in my white chai-scented soap, it seized... I ended up with very thick, bold lines. Wanna trade? :)

Last edited:
Back