Bah, humbug

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenScene

Reaction score
Well, the bundt cake molds from Dollar Tree and my cute little idea to put CP in them and drizzle with white M&P glaze did not turn out the way I'd hoped they would. They're okay, but they're just okay. I just took them out of the molds and drizzled them this morning, and I am not impressed in the least. Bah. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the suckers. I'm thinking of rebatching and felting them, since I can never seem to get rebatched soap to look nice. What are your favorite methods for rebatching? What do you guys do with your less-than-pretty soaps?

Mel

I felt my less than pretty soaps too. I have only rebatched a couple of times I put my soap in a freezer bag then in a pot of boiling water til it was melted then plopped it into my mold

If these were a regular shape, I'd just felt them as they are, but the bundt cake shape means rebatching whether I want to or not. Oh, well. I haven't tried the boiler bag method, so maybe I'll do that instead of the crock pot or double boiler.

Latest posts

Back