~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Announcements and Site News > The Introduction Forum > What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Old 07-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #261
debratant

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Mine is a teenage nickname given to me by my mom and stepdad. As a teen, I was always getting in trouble for going to parties at one of my best
friends house (when her parents weren't home). I would tell my parents I was going to 1 friends house, but in reality we were all going to the party girls
house LOL. Stepdad called them the "debutante" parties....my name is deborah ....hence I became "the debratant" in our house LOLOLOL
The party girl's nickname became the party girl. Her name is Tracie haha. Fond memories!

toxikon Likes This 
Old 07-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #262
Genesis215

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My user name is based on the scripture; “The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.”
**Genesis‬ *2:15‬ *NIV‬‬. I believe in return the garden takes care of us.
I'm trying to be a good steward of my garden. I grow many natives, herbs and medical plants and I am using them for everything. Soap is my next endeavor.
I believe everything in the garden serves a valuable purpose. I've been making my own cosmetics, teas, salves, powders, tinctures; you name it and I've probably made it. Should go without saying but I'll say it anyway. I am organic and was the poster child for permaculture before I ever heard the word for the first time. I'm an old 70's hippie that has grown up ecological ideas.
I love this forum and soon will be making my first ever soap.

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #263
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis215 View Post
My user name is based on the scripture; “The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.”
**Genesis‬ *2:15‬ *NIV‬‬. I believe in return the garden takes care of us.
I'm trying to be a good steward of my garden. I grow many natives, herbs and medical plants and I am using them for everything. Soap is my next endeavor.
I believe everything in the garden serves a valuable purpose.

I love this forum and soon will be making my first ever soap.
People Like This 
Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #264
Genesis215

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thank you SunRiseArts!

How do I add an aviator? I'm on an iPhone.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #265
artemis
Mostly Harmless

Liked 1134 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis215 View Post
How do I add an aviator? I'm on an iPhone.
If you are using the app, you can't do anything related to your profile or avatar from the app. You have to open up a browser and go to thr soap making forum website, where you can access all of that. It's hard to do on a tiny phone screen, so you should probably wait until you are on a computer. I love the app, and I really wish you could do these things from it.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #266
DunbarDesigned

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default DunbarDesigned...

I chose Dunbar Designed because I intended to go into soap making after I was overdosing on Katie of Royalty Soaps YouTube videos. It was perfect timing because I've also been quite depressed thinking about financial struggles and a lack of artist expression (I stopped acting ). I'm super adamant about have my space in this world so using my last name was a no brain-er. As for the "designed" part, I just wanted something simple to express the idea that I want to design my products with certain things in mind. I thought it was simple but powerful...then again, I think highly of myself, in the most non-conceited way of course. I was so excited when I picked the name and seeing it online when I post is even more motivation. It's unfortunate that I've had moments of discouragement already after only being on this forum for a few days. But DunbarDesigned is a constant reminder to stay true to myself, not to let anyone's discouraging tone take away from what I am capable of and that if I work really hard, DunbarDesigned will be exactly what I've envisioned, not only for myself but for those who get to experience this along with me.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #267
Kittish
Enthusiastic Newbie
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1080 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunbarDesigned View Post
I chose Dunbar Designed because I intended to go into soap making after I was overdosing on Katie of Royalty Soaps YouTube videos. It was perfect timing because I've also been quite depressed thinking about financial struggles and a lack of artist expression (I stopped acting ). I'm super adamant about have my space in this world so using my last name was a no brain-er. As for the "designed" part, I just wanted something simple to express the idea that I want to design my products with certain things in mind. I thought it was simple but powerful...then again, I think highly of myself, in the most non-conceited way of course. I was so excited when I picked the name and seeing it online when I post is even more motivation. It's unfortunate that I've had moments of discouragement already after only being on this forum for a few days. But DunbarDesigned is a constant reminder to stay true to myself, not to let anyone's discouraging tone take away from what I am capable of and that if I work really hard, DunbarDesigned will be exactly what I've envisioned, not only for myself but for those who get to experience this along with me.
Don't let people here discourage you. The whole hot button topic of selling is because we want to see the best soaps possible going out into the world. Take the time to learn the craft. Be certain, when you decide you're ready to sell, that your product is also ready.
People Like This 
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #268
mawarliar

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I Choose Mawarliar, literally wild rose because I just love the flower too much..
I mean wild rose, not really a beautiful flower but having such a smell..
That's what I like about wild rose.. And thus My Username..

Meanwhile, my avatar will be my logo in my soap.. It is actually Dzam Syllable means wealth and prosperity..

Just wish me luck..
#FingerCrossed

Old 09-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #269
Skatergirl46
Soaper on wheels
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

I have always liked roller skating. I was a roller derby player for a couple of years and I have been a skating official for about four years. 46 is my roller derby number and the age when I started playing.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 AM   #270
CaraBou
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2402 Times on 1125 Posts
Likes Given: 1832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl46 View Post
I have always liked roller skating. I was a roller derby player for a couple of years and I have been a skating official for about four years. 46 is my roller derby number and the age when I started playing.
Welcome back Skatergirl! Nice to see you around again and learn your backstory. I'm a few years younger and can't imagine being on skates let alone rolling alongside those who do it for sport!