What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1409554114.267390.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1409554140.184875.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1409554158.776721.jpg

Up Bright & Early & Making Soap

I could not sleep any longer then 5:00 am this morning so got up and made a new recipe of Goat milk soap called Sawyer's Lavender & Chamomile Baby soap. It is named after our newest Grandson and is another of a new line of baby soaps I have added to my line of handmade soaps and lotions and Soy candles.

Updated all our social media sites and website for a sale for this week. I'm also trying to figure out some website plugins to tweak some things that bother me. It's not all that soapy or fun, but it needs to be done!

Updated all our social media sites and website for a sale for this week. I'm also trying to figure out some website plugins to tweak some things that bother me. It's not all that soapy or fun, but it needs to be done!

That reminds me I need to update my website as I looked this morning and I have about seven new soaps and four new candles that I need to add to the site.

Jaccart, those Christmas soaps are both beautiful! I am not caught up reading the Christmas 2014 thread. Hope you have posted them there, too. :)

Soaping always slows down at the beginning of the school year, and this year I have a tough group. So it may take even longer as I come home really exhausted. (At least I FINALLY have a permanent co-teacher, but some kiddos are still "trying" her. Three weeks into the school year and 3 trips to the principal's office. Would have been 5 but he was gone. And these are 4 year olds!) So the long weekend is a blessing! I trimmed my "shave and a haircut" soaps last night and am in the midst of making 2 batches of coffee soap for our new local coffee shop. It is with their OWN coffee and she wants one with coarser and one with finer grounds. Nice that these are sold as soon as they are cured. :)

Figured I would get in on this. I cut my second ever soap. Broke the pencil line, cut 36 hours later and it was still too soft, and my knife skills are mediocre to say the least. Only up from here I suppose!
Flax seed cocoa powder pencil lined goats milk, scented with oatmeal milk honey and a hint of saffron honey, decorated with copper sparkle mica on top. A little disappointed in that broken line. Oh well.

Edit, the back side of the soaps are major broken on the line, just didn't upload a pic of it.

IMAG1517.jpg

IMAG1523.jpg

IMAG1530.jpg

Wow all these gorgeous soaps! You would think this would inspire me, I have the soap making blahs. A three day weekend and I am not motivated to make a thing. :(

I couldn't do anything that challenging so I decided to do some simple soaps - I made an unscented coconut milk soap with oatmeal and honey and a lavender castile with a purple in the pot swirl.

Today I got soap part 1 of 3 for a commercial client made, in the mold, and put to bed. Part 2 & 3 will be made over the course of the rest of the week. They're getting 12 different scents so I had to divide my 7lb mold into 4 parts and make it in 3 separate batches. It's a lot of work but they're ordering almost 12lbs of finished soap and paying a substantial markup over my usual wholesale price so it's well worth it. On average I retail my soaps for $6 and wholesale them for $3. This client is happily paying $4.65/bar wholesale so I'm making a tidy profit. They're also on a continual order schedule which will almost double in volume in the coming few months. Looks like I'm gonna be very busy, lol!

Cut my autumn spice using my base recipe. FO from wsp was a nightmare, soaped very cool and it still moved uber fast, no time for design, was afraid of that so planned for it..

Started a lux shampoo bar that I'm hoping will be thru gel before I have to head to work! Scented it with fresh cucumber (wsp) and spearmint EO.. Brand new recipe for me. It behaved decently, but if I had planned anything pretty I don't think I would have had time. I hadn't planned on gelling the shampoo bar but I guess it has a mind of its own, so now I have it wrapped in hopes it will carry to the edge.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I give up trying to get the both to post so here is the autumn spice. Used paprika for the color it almost looks like a dis colored maple leaf orange

image.jpg

I'm chomping at the bit to redo my first attempt at this month's soap challenge. First one was not quiiiite what I wanted. Problem is I have so little spare time this week.

Today I got soap part 1 of 3 for a commercial client made, in the mold, and put to bed. Part 2 & 3 will be made over the course of the rest of the week. They're getting 12 different scents so I had to divide my 7lb mold into 4 parts and make it in 3 separate batches. It's a lot of work but they're ordering almost 12lbs of finished soap and paying a substantial markup over my usual wholesale price so it's well worth it. On average I retail my soaps for $6 and wholesale them for $3. This client is happily paying $4.65/bar wholesale so I'm making a tidy profit. They're also on a continual order schedule which will almost double in volume in the coming few months. Looks like I'm gonna be very busy, lol!

That's awesome! A regular order from a wholesale account is really nice to have.

Yesterday I chatted with the owner of a local microbrewery about using their beer names on soaps, as well as possibly selling them there. Today I am dropping off samples.

Latest posts

Back