What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other day, I noticed that I was nearly out of NaOH but had already made my crosstown trip to the only soap supplier here. I found the Rooto 100% lye drain cleaner at Ace today, and stood there with it in my hand for the longest time because I was just so scared about putting drain cleaner in my soap!!! I kept telling myself that others use it, including @Zany_in_CO , so I did get it and it IS cheaper, but somehow the thought is still noxious to me! Oy ... the things we'll do to make soap!

I just tried a rainbow soap--scented it with "left the scent on the counter" hahaha some days I think I am losing my mind

Ah, you used my scent from one of my January batches! ;) heh heh

Most of the time now, I leave scent out on purpose because I can't really justify the additional expense for household use. EOs have really gone up in price, and I put them in my body lotion, so it would be duplication, anyway. SO wears rollon EOs, so we both have scent covered ... post showering. FOs are probably a little cheaper, but I don't use any chemicals that can be avoided.

Last edited:
@KiwiMoose pink isn't my favorite color but I love the contrasting colors.. Well done!

@Terri E, beautiful as always.. It's pink but I love it nonetheless. Like I said, you're one of my idols hehe

Thank you Dawni! You're the sweetest! Guess I'll have to do a purple rose or some other color next time :D

OMG @Terri E !!! You should have heard me exclaiming "oh my God! How did she do that?!?" making such a ruckus that SO had to find out what the matter was. "Look at this soap, how did she get the ROSE in there??!?!
Obviously he doesn't soap because his answer was, It's a plastic rose. Heavens to mergatroid!!!! :shakinghead:

@KiwiMoose pink isn't my favorite color but I love the contrasting colors.. Well done!

@Terri E, beautiful as always.. It's pink but I love it nonetheless. Like I said, you're one of my idols hehe
I'm not a fan of pink either - but a friend asked if I would make her a patchouli soap in pink. So there it is :)

OMG @Terri E !!! You should have heard me exclaiming "oh my God! How did she do that?!?" making such a ruckus that SO had to find out what the matter was. "Look at this soap, how did she get the ROSE in there??!?!
Obviously he doesn't soap because his answer was, It's a plastic rose. Heavens to mergatroid!!!! :shakinghead:

:lol: You are so funny! It is def not plastic, it is all in how you pour it :)
I love that phrase, "Heavens to Mergatroid"! My grandmother said that!

Ah, you used my scent from one of my January batches! ;) heh heh

Most of the time now, I leave scent out on purpose because I can't really justify the additional expense for household use. EOs have really gone up in price, and I put them in my body lotion, so it would be duplication, anyway. SO wears rollon EOs, so we both have scent covered ... post showering. FOs are probably a little cheaper, but I don't use any chemicals that can be avoided.

yes I have used that scent a few times. its usually when I am trying something I haven't done before

I donated soap and lotion bars to my church auction. Today I labeled everything to deliver to the buyers tomorrow.View attachment 37099 View attachment 37100 And let me know how to change the orientation of the photos! They were right side up on my computer.

That’s awesome! One of the reasons I started soaping was to fund missions projects at church. I also started a personal “love thy (literal) neighbor” campaign this year, when I realized after 20 years in the same subdivision , I couldn’t name a single of ours, so I started delivering Instant Pot cheesecakes, soaps, etc. I posted a few weeks ago that I found there in an equation: 1 bar of soap as a gift is cheap. 12 is just plain creepy.

In a way, it was a great compliment, in recognition of how Perfect that Rose is throughout!

Your Gma must have watched the same cartoons that I did! (Erm, that prolly means I'm around yer Gma's age ...) :D I spelled it wrong, apparently...

"The expression was popularized by the cartoon character Snagglepuss - a regular on the Yogi Bear Show in the 1960s, and is a variant of the earlier 'heavens to Betsy'.
'Heavens to Murgatroyd' - the meaning and origin of this phrase"
upload_2019-3-3_12-53-11.png

Last edited:
In a way, it was a great compliment, in recognition of how Perfect that Rose is throughout!

Your gma must have watched the same cartoons that I did! (Erm, that prolly means I'm around yer gma's age ...) :D I spelled it wrong, apparently...

"The expression was popularized by the cartoon character Snagglepuss - a regular on the Yogi Bear Show in the 1960s, and is a variant of the earlier 'heavens to Betsy'.
View attachment 37125

I remember the yogi bear show and apparently im half your age meena. Didnt know it was from the 60s though. Did you guys have the poddington peas?

Your Gma must have watched the same cartoons that I did! (Erm, that prolly means I'm around yer Gma's age ...) :D I spelled it wrong, apparently...

View attachment 37125

Oh Yes, I remember now! I was little then, my grandmother raised me and she DID say "Heavens to Betsy"! We used to watch that cartoon together! Guess I got it turned around :confused: No you are not my grandma's age, we are close in age! Lol!

Latest posts

Back