SMF August Challenge -Rock and Gem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Er, a thought occurs to me. Do I need to narrow down my blue lace agate batch to just ONE stone? As in one singular chunk of soap? All of my pics are of all the stones I managed from the loaf. All the same kind of stone, all from the same batch of soap.

Er, a thought occurs to me. Do I need to narrow down my blue lace agate batch to just ONE stone? As in one singular chunk of soap? All of my pics are of all the stones I managed from the loaf. All the same kind of stone, all from the same batch of soap.

I am not galaxy of course, but I don't see why you can't submit a photo of your best rock soaps from the same design. I re-read the rules and it is not specified.

"For the entry thread
For soaps that have been carved: you must show a "before" carved picture (or video) and a picture after carving.
All other soaps only need the finished picture. Feel free to tell us about your process."

I'm glad I re-read that! I have not yet taken 'before' photos, and I think I probably would have forgotten to do so!

School is starting for many, these are busy times. I have my last one as a senior this year! yay!

She also was having hardware issues when she opened this thread.

My niece and nephew started school a couple of weeks ago. Nephew's first year in school, preK this year. He's still in the "oh my gosh this is so fun do we really have to leave already?" stage. Cute to watch, especially the reaction of his older sister, who started fourth grade this year.

Hey!! So sorry for the delay! I'm opening the thread now.

You may post a group of crystals as long as they are all the same batch/style. This means that if you poured and cut the stones from the same batch, you may photograph them together. However, please do not mix multiple styles of crystals.

Remember to show us a picture of your soap before carving (if you carved it) and after carving.

Hey!! So sorry for the delay! I'm opening the thread now.

You may post a group of crystals as long as they are all the same batch/style. This means that if you poured and cut the stones from the same batch, you may photograph them together. However, please do not mix multiple styles of crystals.

Remember to show us a picture of your soap before carving (if you carved it) and after carving.

err, Is my entry ok, then? They are from the same batch, I just added to the color, and mix fos.

Just popped in to post my entry and to seriously GAWK at all yer`purdy soaps! I am amazed (!!) at what awesomeness you all have produced! Thanks to Galaxy for hosting this one, it was superduper fun, and something I will do more!

(Ack - voting will be EXTREMELY difficult...)

Wow, wow, wow!!! I just had a peek at all the beautifully stunning entries so far, and all I can say is, 'Have fun voting!' :lol:

IrishLass :)

I've learned of several types of stones new to me with this challenge so far. Sunset sodalite, kambaba jasper and opal fluorite are all new to me. I think I may need to track down some specimens to add to my collection.

Today I am working on my gemstone soaps. Two carved and awaiting some final touches. When I went in search of my carving tools, I discovered another soap I had sitting around that might be a nice gemstone soap as well, so plan to carve on it a bit too. Once I get my paintbrushes out, I'll add a bit of gold mica for some fine lines and the framing of my 'jewels'.

ETA: Done and posted. I didn't bother with the second soap after realizing I just want to use it as is.

Last edited:
Today I am working on my gemstone soaps. Two carved and awaiting some final touches. When I went in search of my carving tools, I discovered another soap I had sitting around that might be a nice gemstone soap as well, so plan to carve on it a bit too. Once I get my paintbrushes out, I'll add a bit of gold mica for some fine lines and the framing of my 'jewels'.

ETA: Done and posted. I didn't bother with the second soap after realizing I just want to use it as is.

Wow! Ok, now I want soap I can wear as jewelry. The voting certainly isn't getting any easier... :)

Back