My first pattern attempt! Happy dancing!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job, love those colors together. Not sure what you used for the yellow but I bet if you use about half of what you did, you'll get a nice soft yellow.

Seawolf - ty - I can't wait too LOL. I used the same FO as the first batch, BB Milk and Honey. I only have a small bit of FO cuz it was what I could afford, but I plan on getting more soon. I would have liked to have scented it with a like and tangerines,cuz the colors suit those scents, but it still smells good LOL.

Obsidian - ty - I used annatto powder infused safflower oil and I agree, less would have yielded a pale yellow. I didn't realize how deeply the annatto had tinted the oils :/

You might also try using Beta Carotene(vitamin aisle at Walmart) for yellows-oranges. I squeezed a capsule(wear gloves! and snip the end with scissors) into half an ounce(14 gm) of OO, stirred, then added drops of that to my soap to get the correct shade of yellow I wanted. Just get your soap barely to emulsion before playing with how much you want to use for which shade. Keep good notes so that you can skip the trial and error part next time.

Really lovely pattern, well done! When I saw the first pictures I thought it was a funnel pour - then I saw your method pictures - really impressed you created that design from stripes!

I finally was able to cut the soap - yay! It's still a little soft, like very very cold butter, but I felt it was solid enough to cut and clean up the edges a little.

I tried to get good lighting since I had daylight to work with, and I think it helped show the colors better :)

The first couple pics are freshly cut, the last pic is the bars cleaned up some.

uploadfromtaptalk1438558518979.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438558542193.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438558554342.jpg

Ty all for the kudos!

Susie - I will look for that at the store, awesome idea, thank you!

soapswirl - it was supposed to be straight forward mantra swirl but once I started looking at it I realized I could do the usual back n forth, the do it across, then I did a spiral starting in the center and moving out to the edges, then I did spokes from the center and then spokes from the outer edge back to the center. I put the tiny bit of leftover soap from the bowls in the center, layered green then white then orange, and pulled the edges of that out to create a starburst.

I did so many things that I was worried I messed it up LOL but I looked at it and loved the pattern so figured I'm stopping there and it is what it is. I'm very pleased with it and still shocked I created it LOL!

Those are awesome! I love the speckles and the colors..Great Job!

Ty everyone :) my friend came over for dinner and was checking them out and says

"so... you're gonna make more right? Can you do lots more pretty ones, and soon, so they can finished baking or whatever it is they do, before Halloween? I want time to test some out before I ask you to make me gift baskets for holiday gifts for my coworkers in December. Let me know how much for a small basket with 4 different pretty soaps each, and I'll buy a bunch for the holidays. These would make great gifts!"

My response? (After I closed my jaws lololol) was "lemme get more practice and learning and make sure the **** things are safe first woman, then we can talk about anyone but me using them."

It was very gratifying and flattering to be asked but holy cow I haven't even used one of these myself yet! I'm not giving anyone anything, not even as a gift, until I've used them myself. Geez.

I will admit, though, that it was really nice to see someone react so positively to them - even if it was just a well meaning dear friend LOL

Latest posts

Back