zapped!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandbeauty

Reaction score
hi everyone, i made soap yesterday and 23 hours later i checked on it and did a zap test, and got zapped..what does this mean? too much lye? will it eventually go away as soap cures? :shock:

Don't worry about getting zapped at this stage. It's early days yet. :) Let it cure for another week and check again. Your soap is still going through its paces at 23 hours old. I've had batches zap me at 5 days old, but be perfectly fine at day 6 or 7. If it's still zapping after 7 days or more, there's a good chance it may be lye heavy.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
Don't worry about getting zapped at this stage. It's early days yet. :) Let it cure for another week and check again. Your soap is still going through its paces at 23 hours old. I've had batches zap me at 5 days old, but be perfectly fine at day 6 or 7. If it's still zapping after 7 days or more, there's a good chance it may be lye heavy.

IrishLass :)
ok thanks i will be keeping an eye on it, hopefully it's not lye heavy, i was just following the measurements that soap calc gave me, ran it through several times and always got the same measurements..and followed it to a tee.. :)

My first batch about 2 weeks ago zapped for about 3 days than fine. It's to soon to worry yet. 2nd batch was good at 24 hrs.

ok i won't worry about it then, just made my second batch today....can't wait to see how that turns out...i added blueberry FO....i added blueberry pop mica and well it turned green and not blue, mixed in some raspberry pop mica too.. :)

Don't worry about the blue color going green in the raw batter. It will likely morph to what it is supposed to be after the lye does it's thing.

yes i see that, just checked on the soap and well it's looking like the way i wanted it to

Latest posts

Back