Your thoughts about coffee soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a jar of instant coffee that we won't use. We bought it when we had a power outage. Has anyone tried using the instant? I'm thinking of trying that today.

I have a jar of instant coffee that we won't use. We bought it when we had a power outage. Has anyone tried using the instant? I'm thinking of trying that today.

I have thought about doing that with my neglected instant coffee as well. I considered dissolving it in a small amount of water before mixing it in. If nothing else if would give color.

. I just don't believe that is soaks in and 'Wakes You Up'

Exactly. For people that claim that it does wake them up, I honestly think it's most likely the smell of the coffee that probably triggers that "Wake up" feeling. I know that when I brew a cup of coffee, just smelling it perks me up a bit.

google search

Can I Put Caffeine on My Skin Instead Of Drinking Coffee

snippet: Ok, so now we know how much caffeine can penetrate 1 square centimeter of skin per hour. And since we know that the average human body has approximately 40,000 square centimeters of skin (look it up if you don’t believe us!), we can calculate how much caffeine can penetrate your entire body. According to my ciphering, that means your skin can absorb about 100 mg of caffeine in about an hour. So that means you`d have to stand in the shower for 2 HOURS before you`d get the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee in your system. That trip to Starbucks doesn`t seem like that bad of a deal now, does it?

I'm finally getting around to making my coffee butter. Coffee grounds have been infusing for 5 weeks now! ;) The instructions for making it call for soy wax flakes but neither of the 2 suppliers I am making up orders for have them. Can I use Beeswax? Or something else? If not, where can I get them?

I'm going to be making a coffee soap and would love to hear how these turned out for you guys!

I will either go the infused coffee oil route or get some coffee EO

anyone try either of these and what kind of results did you get?

I still don't have my coffee butter made. But I LOVE my soap with triple strength coffee, coffee grounds and chocolate mocha fo. I've made it with and without goat's milk and both are great.

Ruthie -- I really do think you can substitute beeswax for soy wax. Soy wax is often listed as a vegan alternative to beeswax so I would think the reverse is true as well! :p

edit: Although soy wax melts at a lower temp than beeswax (about 155-160 deg F).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back