Your favorite loaf molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndlyon

Reaction score
Hi All!

I've searched the forums a bit, but am only finding posts from 4 years ago or more, and most of those links are broken now or the shops have closed up.

I'm looking to purchase a few more loaf molds. I've been master batching and have several different molds (both wood and silicone) - which gives me soap bars of several different sizes. I'm making products for my first large vending event and am looking to add 3 - 4 new loaf molds to get consistent bar sizes.

Any recommendations on your favorite loaf molds?

I like nurture silicone green thick liners they are fabulous. I’ve had them for years and they are still shiny and new. I only hand wash them. I use the log mold more than the t&s. I cut at 1.25 inches and they both make a great bar - not too big and not too small. They are higher than I use but that means I can do whatever I want to the top and my soap is stil covered within the mold. They have a few different widths and heights so check what you really want.

I made my own timber surrounds with lids to save on postage.

https://nurturesoap.com/collections/soap-molds/products/7-pound-loaf-silicone-liner

https://nurturesoap.com/collections/soap-molds/products/4-5-pound-tall-skinny-silicone-liner

Sorry, I'm not going to be much help: my husband custom made all of my loaf molds. Nice because it was super cheap (like $6 per 12" mold) and I can easily have him make more when I need to scale up. Here's my word of caution, if you do decide to go down that route, look and see what is available for silicone liners or you may find yourself like me - wanting to use silicone liners but none of them fit the molds.

So far the only silicone liners I've used have been kind of flimsy and don't seem to be holding up to lots of use. Thanks for your recommendations! I'll have to try these out!

I make my own and use freezer paper for lining. I hate dealing with getting out soap from silicone...it always dents the corners for me. Freezer paper comes off clean and easy

I have a couple of molds from Michaels. I, too, line them with freezer paper. I enjoy the process of lining the molds; it only takes a minute. I have one silicone loaf mold that I've used once and never again. The bars come out too small.

I'd love for my husband to make me a couple of custom molds but he isn't handy in that department. If I had the tools, I'd make them myself.

Latest posts

Back