Loaf molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a long time ago I had made a pattern out of thick cardboard that I would then use as a template to make my liner for my wooden molds. Well it's been a long time since I have had to do that as 6 or 7 years I bit that cost and ordered my first clear acrylic mold from www.customcrafttools.com and have not regretted since. My soaps come out of the molds nice and smooth and I used to lose a bar on each end on my wooden molds as it was really hard to get perfect corners with a liner. I will say the only negative is they will not last as long as a wood mold as over time even if you don't over tighten the bolts that hold the mold together will start to get small cracks in the acrylic. I have two more on order right now and I would say I get about 3 to 4 years out of them and I make 2 to 4 batches a day so they have saved me a ton of time and soap by going to them.
Wow the cardboard is a really good Idea too thanks because I have been measuring it out everytime. I will also checkout the acrylic molds too! Thanks so much!

I remember a long time ago I had made a pattern out of thick cardboard that I would then use as a template to make my liner for my wooden molds. Well it's been a long time since I have had to do that as 6 or 7 years I bit that cost and ordered my first clear acrylic mold from www.customcrafttools.com and have not regretted since. My soaps come out of the molds nice and smooth and I used to lose a bar on each end on my wooden molds as it was really hard to get perfect corners with a liner. I will say the only negative is they will not last as long as a wood mold as over time even if you don't over tighten the bolts that hold the mold together will start to get small cracks in the acrylic. I have two more on order right now and I would say I get about 3 to 4 years out of them and I make 2 to 4 batches a day so they have saved me a ton of time and soap by going to them.
I'm excited to say I finally found a mold that will be excellent for me to try it's 3×3.5 plus length this will be perfect cause it will leave room at the top to put my embeds and then still cover it! 😊 Thank you so much for this link @dalewaite48 . Im still going to have fun too trying this new way to line my mold with one piece of paper. Again thanks to everyone for their time and help.😃

Have you seen the Elly's Everyday video on lining a soap mold with one folded piece of paper? If not, it's on YouTube here:
She goes into great detail, showing how it works with any mold size. I tried once with freezer paper and it was great — no leaks! I wasn't very fast, but some practice would make it a pretty quick job. 🍀 Good luck!

Well I tried this and it is so easy to do! No more measuring so happy! It slid right into the mold.

Attachments

• 20230104_183752.jpg
    20230104_183752.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230104_183837.jpg
    20230104_183837.jpg
    941.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230104_184838.jpg
    20230104_184838.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 0
Back