Your favorite exfoliating add ins

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like oatmeal for mine and very seldom use anything else since they are not abrasive. The few time I make coffee soap I use used grounds and still grind them more. It is just to scratchy for me as is pumice, all seeds etc and also seems to scratchy for my customers, because they don't buy coffee soap often. But my extra scrubby mud bars with whole oats sell like crazy with many return customers.
I just tried my first coffee soap tonight. I have a question when you make your coffee soap do you freeze your coffee and if you do does the temp only go to around 85 when adding lye? Mine does, is that because of freezing the coffee? I would like to try the oatmeal in it. I am new to soaping so any help is great.

One batch of soap turned out to be scrubby by mistake, and I think it's because I didn't mi the Activated charcoal properly. It's still curing but testing bits n pieces with my hands feel nice.

I have another one curing that's with basil seeds..

I still like oatmeal for mine and very seldom use anything else since they are not abrasive. The few time I make coffee soap I use used grounds and still grind them more. It is just to scratchy for me as is pumice, all seeds etc and also seems to scratchy for my customers, because they don't buy coffee soap often. But my extra scrubby mud bars with whole oats sell like crazy with many return customers.
Interesting. The soap I have with ground coffee (fine grind) and oatmeal is one of my best sellers.

Interesting. The soap I have with ground coffee (fine grind) and oatmeal is one of my best sellers.

I find them "scratchy" too, I think limiting the amount is really helps. It's still my current favorite soap though- although I won't use it directly on my face.

Latest posts

Back