Your experiences with WSP's Drakkar Noir

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read many of the reviews on WSP's website for Drakkar Noir, but wasn't prepared for what I got - triple ugly brownish purple.

A few of the reviews mentioned slight or some discoloration. I used lard and tallow that contain preservatives and that makes me wonder if that affected the discoloration, or has anyone else
experienced such an odd discoloring?

No colorant at all. I was hoping for a white soap. Or beige. Tan. Brown even, and would have done a simple pencil line if trace hadn't gone from 0 to 60 in 10 seconds. I used castor, co, lard, tallow.

I use lard with preservatives and it doesn't cause any discoloration. I've not used this FO though. I would Email SWP and see if maybe they changed the formula lately or if they might have a idea what happened.

Thought I'd update this: I stuck these ugly bars in the back of a cabinet and left them there until last week when I was emptying out old bars. They are now an ivory color, the scent stuck well so I'm able to give them away and the guys are loving the smell.

Back