You know you're addicted to soapmaking when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, right this minute I'm thankful you're getting out of the hospital soon. How maddening! Are they giving you a pulse ox to take or do you have one at home?

I can tell I'm on my way to a soaping addiction because last week we had a catering company bring our office some biscotti and some salt rubs for cooking, one of which was pink himalayan salt, and the moment I laid eyes on it I had visions of soap and foot scrubs and immediately called "dibs". Yes, the set of rubs for food are now in my kitchen. Only one of which will actually be used for food (lemon pepper - cuz yuck, right?)

No idea if they will or not. Hope so, as I don't have one.

Ok, so I'm thinking coffee caramel type soap now, and also a lemongrass - rosemary - lemon-pepper - scented exfoliating-scrubby soap, needs some other scent too though... .... ylang ylang (tiny hint) or Pink grapefruit? Tea tree? Hmmm......

You have fibro? I was wondering if you had lupus based on a post I read. I have friends with fibro and have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome myself.

You have fibro? I was wondering if you had lupus based on a post I read. I have friends with fibro and have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome myself.

Fibro for 20+ yrs, asthma all my life, migraine since I was 11yrs old, and now the past couple years some weird autoimmune thing causing muscle myopathy, low gamma globulins, autoimmune diabetes, etc. It's getting pretty ridiculous. Now the myopathy thing is teaming up with the asthma, thus the going home on o2. Ah well...

I know what you mean. I've got a bunch of different health problems plus the EDS affects my entire body (every system) so that alone would be enough. But it causes so many secondary conditions. And lightening really does strike twice, or three times... or four... lol. I've also had asthma all my life, most of my family does. I think its worse when combined with other health problems too. When I was 16 my dad teased me saying I had the body of a 90 year old, I wonder how old my body is now at 28! The last 12 years have not been kind.

You know your addicted when you take the only spare bed out of the bedroom and turn it into your soaping storage room. Now we can not have any guests as we have no space or beds for them.

When you stay up all night cause your planning your next batch of soap and also wanting to get online and look and shop for anything related to soap and soap ideas.

HOME!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Got home last night. Slept ALLLLLLL day. Was so wonderful to sleep in my own bed. I keep tripping over this ridiculously long o2 tubing. I guess I'll get used to it. Nice to breathe though! :) Now I gotta figure out how to get out and about without trying to drag along this huge o2 bottle that's almost as tall as I am! lol

I've been watching soap videos all evening and just thought I'd add these to the list too;

You know you're addicted to soapmaking when not only do you know what a haul video is, but you actually get a thrill out of watching other people's hauls and get excited and happy on their behalf, because you know what it feels like. Then you rush to the nearest soap supply site and buy some soap supplies that you don't really need, but you just gotta have.

You know you're addicted to soapmaking when all your youtube playlists look something like this;

Making Freesia Apricot Soap
Cutting Freesia Apricot Soap
Making Cucumber Melon Soap
Cutting Cucumber Melon Soap
Making Black Raspberry Soap
Cutting Black Raspberry Soap.... ad infinitum.

I just spent a total of 24 hours over a one week period, on the road driving back and forth from SC twice to pick up and drop back off hubby's daughter and every time we passed an RV I thought what a pretty swirl the pattern would be on a bar of soap and then in my head pictured it like a giant bar of soap with wheels rolling down the highway. Addicted much?

I think that about VW vans!!! Especially if they're all fixed up cute. lol

And my youtube playlists are an odd combination of Peter Hollens and various soapmaking videos.

Every container I see has to be checked for its potential as a soap mold. ;) My husband has even started doing it and he doesn't make soap!

ROFL! My DH texted me from the Dollar Store yesterday asking if I needed lard. He was excited because he had found it there and thought it was a good price. :)

I'm waaay beyond looking at things as soap molds. :cool:

I've have moved on and up to squirt bottles! Eye dropper bottles, lotion bottles, travel shampoo bottles.... anything and everything with a squirty tip that can be used to premix oils and micas in. :D

If anyone saw the boxes I have in the attic full of all sorts odd containers and bottles of every kind and shape that in any way could be used for soaping, they'd think I was a hoarder. LOL I'm not a hoarder, though! I'm a re-purposer. :Kitten Love:

Last edited:
Oh, I got one! You know you're addicted to soapmaking when you haven't used your dining room table in over two years, because it's become the soap-curing station!

Latest posts

Back