Yikes! Forgot one ingredient

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblymess

Reaction score
Im making a batch of hot process using several ingredients: and i left out the 1.6 ounces of almond oil. The soap traced very quickly and i thought it was strange. I realized my mistake after it had traced and been in the slow cooker about 10 min. At first i thought maybe i didnt put enough water so i added a bit. Then i realized my mistake and put in my additives hoping that would help. I it was about an ounce of oils. Can this soap be saved? Heres what it looks like. It doesnt seem to want to gel phase?View attachment 29427

IMG_1521677443.006959.jpg
IMG_1521677443.006959.jpg

Since it's still cooking, just add the 1.6 oz of almond oil.
Otherwise run it through the soap calc without that and see what it says. You may have a high enough superfat that it will be fine, just a smaller superfat amount.

Since it's still cooking, just add the 1.6 oz of almond oil.
Otherwise run it through the soap calc without that and see what it says. You may have a high enough superfat that it will be fine, just a smaller superfat amount.

Ok ill do that now. Is that why it wont gel?

I don't do many HP, but if my soap looked like that I'd try getting a stick blender into it and give it a quick couple of bursts to try and force it to be a bit more homogeneous.

(which also causes the batter to heat up if it hasn't gelled yet).

Scrape down the sides, and watch out for splatters if you do this.

You may have cooked out too much water. If the water content is low enough, the soap won't go into gel phase. It will still saponify, whether it gels or not.

Latest posts

Back