Yesterday's batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
Lavender Cream.
I made this with lavender water that I infused awhile ago and then added additional scent of Lavender EO and Honeysucle Eo. I used Ultramarine Purple for my swirl attemp (they're getting better) and added some 1/2 and 1/2 at trace. I disolved a small amount of Tussah silk in the lye water. This is my first time using silk.
It's smells really good. I was worried because when I mixed the lye with the lavender water it turned an ugly colour and smelled bad. Seems to be o.k. now.
I will post cut and unmolded pictures later.
[/img]

Unmolded pics.

It's very dark and I'm worried it won't lighten but will only get darker. I think it is from the Lavender water I made. It was very dark and also turned the lye a really gross colour. Next time I will add some white oxide I think. The purple is o.k. They are still very soft and oily so we'll see in a few days.

my.php
[/url][/img]

Too soon to tell

Jody said:
Unmolded pics.

It's very dark and I'm worried it won't lighten but will only get darker. I think it is from the Lavender water I made. It was very dark and also turned the lye a really gross colour. Next time I will add some white oxide I think. The purple is o.k. They are still very soft and oily so we'll see in a few days.

my.php
[/url][/img]
It's very early days. Try and tuck them away where you will forget them for at least three weeks. Yes I know that's too tough.But I am saying that it is too too soon to tell. Also I still think they are gorgeous.
:lol:

Back