yellow colorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robyn08

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to use a yellow, or yellowish natural colorant in my lemon scented soap. Ideally, I'd like to swirl the colorant, but would settle for a uniform color or speckled color. Any suggestions? Most of the seeds and spices I looked into say they will be more orange than yellow.

Thanks!

You can ues anneto liquid. It is available at most cheesmaking supply stores. I use yellow iron oxide and mix it with a little oil before adding to the soap.

I've found that red palm oil makes the soap yellow. It's red in the bottle but comes out yellow.

Only use a little of red palm oil to get yellow though. I used about an oz per PPO and got a very pretty orange.

Wow...thanks for all the replies and great ideas! i can't wait to try them!

Quick question...to make the calendula infused oil do I have to use just the petals, or can I use the whole flower? The stuff I bought is whole flowers and I'd rather not pull all the petals off

Sent from my VS870 4G using Soap Making mobile app

Yep...it's dried. Thanks!

Wow Relle! Pretty yellow. I wish mine with red palm had turned out like yours. Gorgeous!

Here's the orange that I got.

IMG-20130414-00131.jpg

What percentage of your total oils do use guys use for the calendula infused oil? I was thinking of trying 10%. And has anyone used infused oil for color swirling?

Kazmi, I love the orange yours turned out, we all want what we don't get. It might have turned out that way because of the silicon mould. Mine was in wood.

Latest posts

Back