WSP Oatmeal Milk and Honey RASH

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idlehands

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I recently switched over my supplier to primarily WSP for the free shipping and awesome rewards program. A customer favorite of mine is a Oatmeal and lavender bar. It has soothing Oat milk in it and has always left my skin soft and happy...until I switched oils. You see, I was using BB's Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey with lavender essential oil - I had absolutely no problems with it. This new oil, however, is making my thighs beet red and blotchy. No itching though. Has anyone ever ran into this problem with WSP before? My skin is by no means sensitive, but I do have some weird things that set it off. For instance, Mica makes me hive-y and endlessly itchy. I've never really had bad reactions to fragrance oils though. Any thoughts?

Additional information:
O,M, & H Fragrance used at 2%
Lavender Essential Oil used at 2%
Oat milk included in recipe
Oatmeal included for exfoliation

No, I haven't, and WSP's OMH is my fave and I use it all the time. No one else has ever had a problem with it (in my soaps I mean) either AFAIK :-(

I'm sorry you're having trouble, I hope it isn't the FO but I really hope you sort it out and feel better soon!

I would mix a drop of the FO with oil and use a q-tip to apply some to your skin, see if you get a reaction. If it is indeed the FO, I would contact WSP and see about getting a refund or replacement.
In the mean time, try to think of anything else new thats came in the house. especially if its something that you might come in direct contact with, like laundry detergent or fabric softener.

That's disappointing! I use WSP's OMH exclusively for that scent. Have sold lots of bars and never once heard of someone getting a rash, so... I'd definitely try to pin down the oil itself.
Also, I have to wonder if it's the oil, are you using it all over your body? Shouldn't it make other places red also?

Great suggestions, guys! I'll try that qtip method! For some reason when I react to something it happens on my inner thighs. The first time I used the soap my chest, arms, and thighs got red. The second time around - just my thighs. The redness happened in the shower a few minutes after I washed and went away completely within 20-30 minutes. I've used bath bombs before that have broke me out, but again only on my legs. It's super odd!

I would mix a drop of the FO with oil and use a q-tip to apply some to your skin, see if you get a reaction. If it is indeed the FO, I would contact WSP and see about getting a refund or replacement.
In the mean time, try to think of anything else new thats came in the house. especially if its something that you might come in direct contact with, like laundry detergent or fabric softener.
Good suggestion other than asking for a refund or replacement. I just cannot see that happening. It is a chance we always take when purchasing and using fragrance whether fo's or eo's. They cannot make them non-allergic, since there is not a substance on earth that is truly non-allergic. Just a thought you are really not getting free shipping, you are paying included in the price shipping on each item. It can be very expensive shipping in the long run. I really prefer to buy fragrances from companies with flat rate shipping such as Soapalooza and Soapsupplies.net. I also highly suggest you weigh any butters you purchase from WSP

Good suggestion other than asking for a refund or replacement. I just cannot see that happening. It is a chance we always take when purchasing and using fragrance whether fo's or eo's. They cannot make them non-allergic, since there is not a substance on earth that is truly non-allergic. Just a thought you are really not getting free shipping, you are paying included in the price shipping on each item. It can be very expensive shipping in the long run. I really prefer to buy fragrances from companies with flat rate shipping such as Soapalooza and Soapsupplies.net. I also highly suggest you weigh any butters you purchase from WSP

My intention was never to ask for a refund. I simply wanted to know if since I was having this problem - would my customers have it also. So I came to ask if anyone else has had a reaction to this oil in the same way that I have. After doing some math with the suppliers that I was using before, WSP was a bit less expensive even with my "free shipping". Before I was buying from a few different suppliers and paying way too much in shipping because of it. I do understand how business works and get that nothing is truly free. I enjoy that WSP arrives quickly, gives me copious amounts of samples, and has the free shipping that still ends up being a bit cheaper for me.

It is weird! I get anxiety/stress induced hives... at least that's the only thing I can pin it on. They are annoying as all get out and are an unsatiable itch. It's strange how the body reacts to different things.

Latest posts

Back