wow!! Lotsa info

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecanuck22

Reaction score
man there is alot of info here.
I stumbled onto soap making from doing research on the uses for borax which i was interested in because you could add it to your pool and hot tub for many benefits.
I have since 'mastered' the pool and hot tub, mainly the uses of common household ingredients to maintain it like Sodium Bicarbonate, Borax and such. As well i actually just added some "Cop out" to the pool, a name brand liquid designed to chelate iron out of pool water and preventing nasty iron stains on plaster and vinyl. Which is, funny enough, Tetrasodium EDTA, commonly used in soap making for the exact same reaction.
I will be making soap afer I have finished my research, already have made a crude dish soap with shavings, borax and WS. I love it.
I loved the chemistry lab in highschool and this is righ up my ally.

I look forward to continuing my research, i am just introducing myself here and will lurk and maybe ask a few questions here and there.There just seems to be no end to types of soap one can make..... this will take awhile.

Welcome to the forum thecanuck22! You are right about the wealth of information on this board. Everyone is very helpful and you can get some great ideas.

Latest posts

Back