Hello from a long time lurker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapypups

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been fascinated with the idea of making soap since I can first recall realizing that it was a thing to be made. I've always loved chemistry, and as a kid I can remember the adults in my life telling me how difficult, dangerous and / or just plain messy many of my interests would be and that I shouldn't bother.

As an adult I've developed interest in self sufficiency and homesteading, and as part of that interest I made my first and only batch of hot process soap 3 years ago, in an impatient rush to be able to use it right away. I came across something that suggested I might still need to cure it, and in researching that I stumbled across this forum. I've been making cold process soap for personal use and for gifting ever since, often guided by the many useful discussions found here. I've been inspired recently by the soap contests and decided I better just make an account already if ever want to be able to put my hat in the ring!

Back