Would you use this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
This morning I was in the basement cleaning off some shelves and came across my mom's lollipop making set. It had some flavor oils in it that on the bottles' ingredient list say only 'pure orange oil', 'pure lime oil', etc. This candy making set was my mom's, and she died in 1997. I'm not about to use those oils for food flavoring, although they smell and look fine. But perhaps they could be used in soap? Maybe in lotion or lip balm? They are not essential oils, but no doubt from the rinds of the fruits or something. Scent is not strong but it is there. I might try it just for fun!

9CA0BF8A-8549-4A91-933A-0B58B7CB677A.jpeg

Here is some info on the products. To me, they sound like they would be better used in lip balm

http://www.boyajianinc.com/baking.html

Oh! I didn't even think to look up the company. Thanks Obsidian! I think I'll email them and ask about 26-year-old oils (judging by the date on the lollipop sticks) and what they recommend.

You are probably right, lsg, about the fragrance not making it through saponification.

Back