"world's best red salad dressing!"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartsong

Reaction score
my husband and i are "hidden valley ranch" fans, but i stumbled on this a few years ago and it is fabulous! he starts freaking out when the bottle gets low and "hints" that i need to make more!

now, keep an open mind here!

1 regular sized can campbell's tomatoe soup
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup salad oil (not olive!)
1/2 red wine or basalmic vinegar

1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder or 1 tsp crushed garlic (i actually like more)
1 TBSP celery seed
1 TBSP dry mustrd or 2 TBSP prepared-like french's

mix it all up with your hand-dandy stick blender, pour into clean bottle and let sit overnight. shake a few times.

a "killer" over fresh picked garden veggies-we also use this as a marinade before bar-b-ques.

BTW, I DIDN'T NAME THE DRESSING, BUT IT'S TRUE!

That looks like something I would love . I am going to try it .Thank you for posting this lovely recipe . I am a hidden valley ranch kinda girl too , but we go through a lot and the price of it , is way up there .

Kitn

That is awesome Monet! Love the ingredients and it seems really easy to make. I will file that away until the weather warms up enough for salads over here. Thanks for sharing!

Tanya :)

x

artisan soaps said:
Thanks for sharing this heartsong!

I want to give it a try but I have a couple of questions .. What weight is a 'regular can of tomato soup', and if not Olive then what kind of oil do you recommend?

i use wesson oil, canola oil or any light vegetable oil. we found the olive oil imparted a kind of "off" taste.

i'm in the truck, so i'm sorry i can't go check my cupboards, but i believe the standard sized can is around 12oz?

CAN ANYONE VERIFY HOW MANY OUNCES FOR A REGULAR CAN OF CAMPBELL'S SOUP, PLEASE?

Back