working on combining colors - fizzy balls!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peechee

Reaction score
005ef.jpg

0ug8.jpg

*edit: just to point out my awesome extra unnecessary g in combining. yeah. -_-

thx vry mch!

uhm i can't remember the name of them, but they are the frosting colors from walmart? they are like $1.50 a piece. i mixed a mini scoop of black in with the darker blue and green and it worked out pretty well i think.

peechee said:
thx vry mch!

uhm i can't remember the name of them, but they are the frosting colors from walmart? they are like $1.50 a piece. i mixed a mini scoop of black in with the darker blue and green and it worked out pretty well i think.
I would love to know what you think of them when you try one in your tub. How much do they bleed? Do they stain the tub? Please post your results when you get the chance. I thought the frosting colors were not suitable for fizzy bath things.

soapbuddy said:
peechee said:
thx vry mch!

I would love to know what you think of them when you try one in your tub. How much do they bleed? Do they stain the tub? Please post your results when you get the chance. I thought the frosting colors were not suitable for fizzy bath things.

sorry i didn't say the right thing, it's wilton's gel colorant for icing http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3e30b2d9-475a-bac0-5d5c3db846dfd354

so far i haven't noticed any staining at all but i try to never use more than 1/4tsp of the gel in my mix. these darker ones i'll make sure to let you know when i try them - hopefully tomorrow they'll be ready! yay! lol

Hazel said:
Beautiful colors.

thank you hazel!

they look great! Do you perhaps mean the Wilton gel colors. I got mine from WalMart also and they were on sale. Now I can't wait to work on bath bombs.

most of the yellow and green balls broke in the middle - not of the others did. it's what i've had most trouble with about combining colors. they look great but somehow when they dry they just don't stay together at the middle seam.

i did use the green in the bath and the yellow with it turned it a turquoise color - no staining to my tub but i did hold one in my hand for a while and a bit of green came off on my finger.

also, the green after drying got kind of spotted? it seems to be the most problematic color.

the others did fine and haven't faded or bled.

MidwestSoaper said:
they look great! Do you perhaps mean the Wilton gel colors. I got mine from WalMart also and they were on sale. Now I can't wait to work on bath bombs.

thanks and yes thats exactly it lol @ me not getting the name right.

Latest posts

Back